Consulte esta página para obtener instrucciones en español/ See this page for instructions in Spanish
This page is designed for training in person - if you are on a web-based training course click here
This page applies to WaterWorld, AguAAndes and Compandes which have the same model base and similar functionality.
(SELF-PACED) VIDEO TRAINING:
These PSS are easy to use but some introduction is useful in finding your way around them, using them appropriately and interpreting their output. The following training materials can be used independently and are also used as part of our formal training courses. This page links to a series of recordings of our web-based demonstrations including access to specific functions in the system.
THEORY:Model and data documentation for version 1 can be found here and system (interface and functionality) documentation is here
A presentation on the science behind the PSS can be found here (English) [opens in Google docs viewer]. Download: (EN)
A powerpoint demo of the system functionality is here (English) [opens in Google docs viewer]. Download: (EN)
If you are delivering an agreed training course to others the process is as follows:
(0) Make sure that the computers being used have Firefox or Chrome, never run these systems in Internet Explorer. Use wired ethernet connections, not wireless. If you have to use wireless test running the system on it first. Many wireless networks are not suitable.
(1) We will switch training1 server below on one hour before your session. You should test your proposed training on that server or on www1 i.e. this link if it is not available.
(2) 30 mins before the training we will switch on the number of agreed servers
(3) Distribute each computer with a number from 2 upwards (use 1 for yourself)
(4) Have attendees click the server link below according to their number. It is very important that no more than one person accesses each account at once.
(5) When the login page appears attendees should login using the account username associated with their number below. The password is the same as the username.
(6) These training accounts will not work on the public (www1) servers.
(7) Inform us as soon as the training is over so we can switch off the servers, which we pay for by hour.
A training session can be followed here [note that if you are not in a formal training course then you should use URLs beginning with www1 instead of traiining1 etc]:
PRACTICAL 1: Modelling scenarios of land use change and their impacts at the local scale: training slides, [opens in Google docs viewer]. Download: (EN)
PRACTICAL 2: Modelling climate change impacts at the national scale: training slides, [opens in Google docs viewer]. Download: (EN)
SERVERS FOR LEVEL 1:
If you are in a formal group training course (as opposed to self-paced working from the examples) here are links to the training servers (these do not function outside of training courses, use the usual www1 servers outside of formal training courses).
Training servers [for use in courses only], one server per person:
training1 username: testaccount1
training2 username: testaccount2
training3 username: testaccount3
training4 username: testaccount4
training5 username: testaccount5
training6 username: testaccount6
training7 username: testaccount7
training8 username: testaccount8
training9 username: testaccount9
training10 username: testaccount10
training11 username: testaccount11
training12 username: testaccount12
training13 username: testaccount13
training14 username: testaccount14
training15 username: testaccount15
training16 username: testaccount16
training17 username: testaccount17
training18 username: testaccount18
training19 username: testaccount19
training20 username: testaccount20
training21 username: testaccount21
training22 username: testaccount22
training23 username: testaccount23
training24 username: testaccount24
training25 username: testaccount25
training26 username: testaccount26