Consulte esta página para obtener instrucciones en español/ See this page for instructions in Spanish
This page is designed for training in person - if you are on a web-based training course click here
This page applies to WaterWorld, AguAAndes and Compandes which have the same model base and similar functionality.
These PSS are easy to use but some introduction is useful in finding your way around them, using them appropriately and interpreting their output. The following training materials can be used independently and are also used as part of our formal training courses.
If you are delivering an agreed training course to others the process is as follows:
(0) Make sure that the computers being used have Firefox or Chrome, never run these systems in Internet Explorer. Use wired ethernet connections, not wireless. If you have to use wireless test running the system on it first. Many wireless networks are not suitable.
(1) We will switch training1 server below on one hour before your session. You should test your proposed training on that server or on www1 i.e. this link if it is not available.
(2) 30 mins before the training we will switch on the number of agreed servers
(3) Distribute each computer with a number from 2 upwards (use 1 for yourself)
(4) Have attendees click the server link below according to their number. It is very important that no more than one person accesses each account at once.
(5) When the login page appears attendees should login using the account username associated with their number below. The password is the same as the username.
(6) These training accounts will not work on the public (www1) servers.
(7) Inform us as soon as the training is over so we can switch off the servers, which we pay for by hour.
A training session can be followed here [note that if you are not in a formal training course then you should use URLs beginning with www1 instead of traiining1 etc]:
PRACTICAL 2: Colombia: Modelling climate change impacts at the national scale using multi-model spatial ensembles: training slides [opens in Google docs viewer]. Download: (EN)
PRACTICAL 3: Zambia: Modelling the impacts of projected land use change at the national scale: training slides [opens in Google docs viewer].
PRACTICAL 4: Peru: Understanding the impacts of climate change at the local scale in a glacial landscape: training slides [opens in Google docs viewer].
SERVERS FOR LEVEL 2:
If you are in a formal group training course (as opposed to self-paced working from the examples) here are links to the training servers (these do not function outside of training courses, use the usual www1 servers i.e. this link and your own account outside of formal training courses).
Training servers [for use in courses only], one server per person:
If you want to make use of pre-prepared simulations then login to testaccount1 on each of the training servers, if the trainer requests it.
training1 username: testaccount1
training2 username: testaccount2
training3 username: testaccount3
training4 username: testaccount4
training5 username: testaccount5
training6 username: testaccount6
training7 username: testaccount7
training8 username: testaccount8
training9 username: testaccount9
training10 username: testaccount10
training11 username: testaccount11
training12 username: testaccount12
training13 username: testaccount13
training14 username: testaccount14
training15 username: testaccount15
training16 username: testaccount16
training17 username: testaccount17
training18 username: testaccount18
training19 username: testaccount19
training20 username: testaccount20
training21 username: testaccount21
training22 username: testaccount22
training23 username: testaccount23
training24 username: testaccount24
training25 username: testaccount25
training26 username: testaccount26
training27 username: testaccount27
training28 username: testaccount28
training29 username: testaccount29
training30 username: testaccount30